Economics' Approach to Planning
No one wants to splurge today and starve tomorrow, nor do the opposite.
Life-cycle consumption smoothing—balancing our living standard through time—
is the goal. But finding the right current and future spending targets to achieve that goal is a complex mathematical problem.
Economists have worked on this problem for a century. Now, based on advances in desktop computing and numerical algorithms, you can implement life-cycle consumption smoothing using ESPlanner.
- calculates your sustainable living standard
- incorporates all of your resources and "off-the-top" expenditures
- makes highly detailed annual tax and Social Security benefit calculations
- helps you raise, smooth, and protect your living standard
- shows impacts of early retirement and other lifestyle decisions
- provides annual saving, spending, and insurance recommendations
ESPlannerPLUS and ESPlannerPRO includes Upside Investing and Monte Carlo simulations showing how your investment choices affect the variability of your living standard.