Secondary menu

Special Expenditure Bug??? - Version 2.11.0

After inputting multiple Special Expenditure entries for a given year, only one entry for the given year is reflected on the pdf Total Spending report. Same thing appears to be happening with Special Receipts on the pdf Total Income report.

wapj at swbell.net wrote:After inputting multiple Special Expenditure entries for a given year, only one entry for the given year is reflected on the pdf Total Spending report. Same thing appears to be happening with Special Receipts on the pdf Total Income report.

Seems to only effect partners cases. We'll get it fixed and add to the testing regimen.

Not sure what you mean by 'partners cases'? I'm running your Basic Plus Version 2.11.0. My profile has multiple special receipt and multiple special expenditure entries for each of the first few years or so. The program seems to ignore one or more of these entries for a given year. I suppose, until the bug is corrected, my only option is to lump all the receipts or expenditures for a given year into a single yearly entry - however, this won't work very well since some receipts are subject to tax and others are not for a given year.

wapj at swbell.net wrote:Not sure what you mean by 'partners cases'? I'm running your Basic Plus Version 2.11.0. My profile has multiple special receipt and multiple special expenditure entries for each of the first few years or so. The program seems to ignore one or more of these entries for a given year. I suppose, until the bug is corrected, my only option is to lump all the receipts or expenditures for a given year into a single yearly entry - however, this won't work very well since some receipts are subject to tax and others are not for a given year.
So far the bug here is a reporting artifact. The calculations for tax, etc purposes all use the correct state of the special expenditures. What's happening (for partnered couples) is that the "wife" role of the partnership is losing the standard special expenditures in the reports. So the calculations are correct and can be trusted. The reports for total income/spending can't. Bottom line is that the standard of living calculate is correct.

This bug has been fixed and an update will be available shortly.

Best,

Dick Munroe

Sorry Dick but the bug has not been fixed and the consumption/standard of living data is wrong and can not be trusted. I'm a partnered family and when I updated to version 2.11.0 & now 2.11.0B, the "recommended" consumption number increased by 18% compared to version 2.10.24 because most of the special expenditures & Receipts were not used in the calculations even though they were correctly listed in the PDF input & assumptions report. The amount of special expenditures/receipts that were listed in the PDF total income & total spending report did increase between 2.11.0 & 2.11.0B but only by a small percentage. The bulk of these items were still missing. I tried to verify that only those special items listed as my partner's were being ignored but that didn't match the data so I'm concerned that this error may be the result of multiple or interrelated issues. I'm certain you're team can fix this.
Thanks
James

James,

Can you tell what, if any, set of receipts is missing. The problem we found was with the expenditures side. If the receipts are off as well, that could be interesting.

Best,

Dick Munroe

p.s. I've just run a simple test with the latest update and all variants of the special expenditures/recepts for partnered cases appear in the reports and appear to be accommodated in the calculations. If you're convinced that some of yours are missing, then we'll need to take a look at your specific data to see if we can sort this out. You can either email your DB to eval(unescape('%64%6f%63%75%6d%65%6e%74%2e%77%72%69%74%65%28%27%3c%61%20%68%72%65%66%3d%22%6d%61%69%6c%74%6f%3a%69%6e%66%6f%40%65%73%70%6c%61%6e%6e%65%72%2e%63%6f%6d%22%3e%69%6e%66%6f%40%65%73%70%6c%61%6e%6e%65%72%2e%63%6f%6d%3c%2f%61%3e%27%29%3b')) (include enough discussion so that we can figure out how to recreate the problem) or do the same thing via the upload on your My ESPlanner page.

I've verified the problem and have a database example. We'll get it sorted out

fixed in 2.11.1 posted today